INSETA (Insurance Sector Education & Training Authority) Profile
INSETA, short for the Insurance Sector Education and Training Authority, is a training institution that helps to uplift local communities by upskilling their members. As one of South Africa’s major agents of change in fulfilling the National Skills Development Plan 2030, INSETA provides the necessary guidance to create an impactful career in the national insurance department.
To achieve this mission, INSETA bridges both education and practical working skills which will then be offered to young individuals. This takes into the form of internships, learnerships, bursaries, and other sorts of skills programme. With more than 100 000 people under their wing, INSETA is on the pursuit of improving the quality of society’s working skills.
About INSETA (Insurance Sector Education & Training Authority) Internships 2020-2021
The Insurance Sector Education and Training Authority (INSETA) is providing internship programmes for South African individuals within Parktown, Joburg. The INSETA Internships is a wonderful opportunity specifically offered to learners who have pursued their education in any public TVET College. If you have finished your N6 educational qualifications, this programme helps to take your knowledge up to the next level and get you your accredited National Diploma.
Over the course of 18 months, selected interns will are required to carry out their responsibilities in INSETA’s Head Office located in Parktown. Throughout the internship, participants will be asked to perform these various tasks and duties:
- Creating any travel bookings for a number of INSETA staff
- Capturing necessary data as per required on the INSETA system
- Managing incoming documents and archiving them for future records
- Providing assistance in processing invoice payments with the appropriate team
- Compiling contracts and sorting them out based on commitments
- Distributing documents according to suitable departments.
The INSETA Internships are available for N6 learners with either one of these listed qualifications:
- Marketing Management
- Information Technology
- Business Management
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management
- Management Assistant
INSETA (Insurance Sector Education & Training Authority) Internship Requirements
In order to be qualified for the INSETA Internship, candidates will need to abide to the eligibility criteria attached to this programme. Each of these items are carefully determined by the selection committee to filter out well-deserving participants. Meeting all of these items below might just guarantee you acceptance into the internship. However, all final decisions are ultimately made based on the committee’s assessments and preferences.
- The INSETA Internship Requirements are as follows:
- A legitimate, certified Identity Document
- Between the 18-35 years old at the time of applications
- Currently not employed by another company
- Has not taken part in any WIL programme beforehand
- A certified N6 qualification or anything equivalent
- Good grasp and basic Computer Literacy knowledge
- Displays effective communication capabilities
- Your most recent Curriculum Vitae highlighting your strengths and previous experiences (does not exceed three pages).
How to Apply INSETA (Insurance Sector Education & Training Authority) Internship 2020-2021
Applications for the INSETA Internship are done online. To get started, all interested candidates will need to access the Official INSETA Careers Portal. You will need to check if the opportunity is currently accepting applications at the time of search. If it’s open right now, you can directly register for the programme through the Careers Portal. But if it’s closed instead, no need to worry. Come back to the website any time in the future to check for future opening updates.
If you have any further enquiries or concerns regarding the INSETA Internships, do not hesitate to deliver your questions to the provided contact details.
INSETA (Insurance Sector Education & Training Authority) Contact Details
Ground floor, 37 Empire Road
Parktown, Johannesburg, 2193
P.O. Box 32035, Braamfontein 2017
Phone: +27 11 381 8900
Reference: INSETA; Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Image: inseta.org.za.