Afrox (African Oxygen) Profile
African Oxygen Limited, or more commonly referred to as Afrox, is a company that focuses on chemical gasses. As part of the well-known Linde Group, this Joburg-based establishment has a portfolio of gases that are catered to a number of sectors, namely Medical Gases, Merchant & Packaged Gases (MPG), and Clean Energy. Additionally, the company also accommodates Gas Equipment for industries who require it. Here in Afrox, the company makes it clear that all their business practices are conducted with total transparency. This is extremely crucial, especially within a working environment that mainly deals with one of the globes’ biggest natural resources.
With almost 100 years of experience under their belt, Afrox has managed to expand their operations from South Africa, to a total of 41 locations outside the country. At the moment, the company houses a total of 3 000 employees that are placed in different departments. The staff makes up Afrox’s Gas and Gear centres, distributors, and National Customer Service Centres. Every one works hard in fulfilling the demands of their clients to ensure that their respective businesses run well. Being the recipient of more than 70 000 calls in a month alone, Afrox is here to help everyone who requires assistance.
About Afrox (African Oxygen) Internships 2020-2021
Afrox is offering internship opportunities for students who would like to receive working exposure to fulfill their educational qualifications. On behalf of the Linde Group, the Afrox Internships are designed for those who are planning to embark on their diploma/graduation thesis writing journey. This internship is a chance for students to be able to enrich their writing process, and at the same time, experience a real-time working environment in one of South Africa’s largest Chemical Gases Industry.
Accomplishing your qualification with the Afrox Internships has its own benefits. As a long-standing company with a history that goes back to 1927, Afrox has multitudes of lessons that you can learn about the industry. The company has garnered years of experience adapting the to the latest technologies and following the dynamic changes based on differing demands. In addition, Afrox understands variety. The company has been serving for different kinds of businesses and industries, such as food and beverages, healthcare, and hospitality to name a few. With the Afrox Internship, you’re bound to develop a better sense of understanding of the Chemical Gases industry, and allow yourself to grow as a future employee once you have successfully finished your educational qualification.
Afrox (African Oxygen) Internship Requirements
The Afrox Internships is setting their sites on potential South African individuals who truly deserve this opportunity. This eligibility criteria will help future candidates have a stronger grasp onto what types of people the company is looking for. Based on the values that workers in Afrox abides by, it is recommended that all future candidates follows the eligibility criteria to better their chances of acceptance. Be sure to pay attention to everything in this list below.
The Afrox Internship Requirements are as follows:
- Has a high level of self-confidence
- Willing to take initiative
- Holds a drive to achieve dreams
- Displays a sense of creativity
- Shows effective communication capabilities
- Takes actions based on strategies
- Knows how to build long-lasting partnerships
- Influence their members and external peers
- Displays leadership qualities
- Invests greatly into their self-development.
How to Apply Afrox (African Oxygen) Internship 2020-2021
After fulfilling the requirements above, it’s time to register for the Afrox Internships. To get started, all candidates must access the Official Afrox Job Market Portal. Candidates must check the availability status of their desired programme here. If the Afrox Internship is currently accepting applications, you can directly send in your applications on the portal. However, before you do that, please kindly take a look at the instructions below.
Things to Take Note
- For students who would like to participate in an internship outside of South Africa, you may directly apply at one of the international offices. To do this, simply use the “Linde Worldwide” to search for the website of your desired country
- For students who plan on finishing their educational requirements (diploma/graduation thesis) with the internship, your application should include your desired internship field and you aspire to achieve during their duration of your internship
- Internship applicants who plan on writing their diploma or graduation thesis will need to indicate the topic of their papers.
- Your most recent Curriculum Vitae that includes your previous educational qualification and any working experiences prior to your internship
- Any available certifications from previous training sessions, courses, internships, etc.
- A brief Cover Letter that shows your interests and clearly states your date of entry
- Valid copies of your school academic transcripts
- Any previous certifications from past employments/apprenticeship programmes (if available)
- General statement of your school marks (for applicants who have not finished their studies).
Once you have submitted your applications, your documents will be subject to immediate assessment by the selection committee. Should the committee find you to be a suitable fit for the internship, you will be asked to participate in an interview. The interview will be held by a member of your desired company department and a member of the Human Resources Department. In some instances, a second interview will be conducted as well for follow up purposes.
Afrox Contact Details
Alrode, 41 Potgieter Street, Alrode, 1450, Gauteng
Mail Address: –
Phone: +27 11 490 0400
Facsimile: +27 11 868 1074
E-mail: [email protected]
Reference: Afrox; Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Image: afrox.co.za.