NEMISA (National Electronic Media Institute of South Africa) Profile
The National Electronic Media Institute of South Africa, or commonly shortened to NEMISA, is an integrated learning establishment that has a leading national prominence. NEISA was was formed with the purpose of fulfilling the needs for more e-skills within the general public. With globalization making its rounds in the current generation, there is a huge demand for better computer literacy and stronger foundation in modern technology. It is modern technology that has created a world into a more capable place, especially with its easy accessibility and cost-friendliness.
NEMISA consists of three different institutes that run their own missions. These include NEMISA itself, e-SI, and ISSA.
- NEMISA: an educational establishment that provides digital learning assistance specifically towards people who come from disadvantaged backgrounds
- e-SI: part of the Department of Telecommunications and Postal Services, e-SI offers training sessions for the general public to acquire e-skilling capabilities
- ISSA: also under the Department of Telecommunications and Postal Services, ISSA provides educational certifications for interested postgraduates to pursue in the fields of Engineering, as well as Information and Communication Technology.
About NEMISA (National Electronic Media Institute of South Africa) Internships 2021-2022
The National Electronic Media Institute of South Africa (NEMISA) is offering internship positions for qualified graduates who are not currently employed. Running over the course of 12 months, the NEMISA Internships is made to offer real-time working exposure towards graduates. Candidates must own at least an NQF Level 5 qualification in order to be considered for the programme. Additionally, graduates must also be pursuing any one of these mentioned study courses below:
- Animation and Graphic Design
- Information Technology/Software/Web Development
- Multi-Media Production
- Film and Television
- Radio Production
Upon acceptance into the internship, selected participants will be assigned with several responsibilities which relevant to their line of work. Interns are expected to fully diverge themselves into the NEMISA working culture in order to better understand the industry. With the guidance of supervisors, interns can gain a lot from this experience and transform into a more attractive worker in the eyes of their future employers.
NEMISA (National Electronic Media Institute of South Africa) Internship Requirements
Before you can apply for the NEMISA Internships, applicants need to meet the requirements that are asked of by the selection committee. Each of these items will determine whether you are qualified enough for the programme or not. Failure to meet everything in this list will get your applications disqualified.
The NEMISA Internship Requirements are:
- Has an impressive academic track record in their respective study courses
- Has not interned for another company beforehand
- Has not become a worker under a contract
- Must be below 35 years old
- Preference is offered towards candidates who are categorized as alumni of NEMISA, or people with disabilities.
How to Apply NEMISA (National Electronic Media Institute of South Africa) Internship 2021-2022
Registrations for the NEMISA Internships can be done from the comfort of your home. All you have to do is visit the Official NEMISA Careers Portal. Applicants will need to check the availability status of their desired programme. This is due to the fact that certain internships are only open during different time periods.
If the NEMISA Internship is accepting applications at the moment, you can directly send in an e-mail to the provided address. Please make sure to indicate the correct reference number on the applications. This will give the selection committee an easier time to locate your applications.
NEMISA (National Electronic Media Institute of South Africa) Contact Details
21 Girton Road
P.O. Box 545
Phone: +27 11 484 0583
Facsimile: +27 11 484 0615
E-mail: [email protected]
Reference: NEMISA (National Electronic Media Institute of South Africa); Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Image: nemisa.co.za.