Distell is a South Africa company that focuses on the art of crafting top-notch ready-to-drink beverages. From wines to ciders, Distell has a rich portfolio of popular brands that are commonly sought after by public consumers. The company has a reputation for being an African entity that has a long history and grand expertise of alcoholic beverages. In addition to their knowledge for the craft, the company’s team of 4 400 employees provide quality performance through world-class customer service. With years of experience under their belt, Distell has a firm understanding of what their customers want in their next sip of drinks.
About Distell Internships 2021-2022
Distell is offering internship programmes for South African individuals who need professional workplace experience to receive their required qualifications. The Distell Internships is the ideal opportunity for final-year students or students who have recently earned their qualifications to obtain practical exposure in a real-time company setting. Selected interns are required to commit 12 months of their time to fully participate in the programmes.
Interns will gain a newfound sense of understanding by directly participating in the company’s operations. During the Distell Internships, participants will be working with the business and interact with multiple clients from all over South Africa. Under the guidance of your fellow colleagues, interns will be transformed into an attractive asset in the eyes of their future employers in the competitive job market.
The Distell Internships is available for these following fields:
- Logistics/Supply Chain
- Production Management
- Operations Management
- Quality control
- Warehouse and Distribution
- Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical)
- Quality Control
- Human Resources
- Stock taking
- Material handling
- Food Technology
The internships typically commence every year on 1 February. Recruitment is typically conducted every September to December. If you feel this opportunity is most suitable for you, don’t hesitate from joining the Distell Internships!
Distell Internship Requirements
The Distell Internship is extending their arms for everyone interested in the programmes. Before you can apply, candidates must fulfill the requirements attached to the internships. Each of these items below will determine the success rate of your applications. To secure a spot in the internship, candidates are advised to meet all of these criteria before starting on their registration. Failure to do so might put your application in a risky position.
The Distell Internship Requirements are as follows:
1. Basic Requirements
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Has at least an N2 qualification in a trade theory relevant to your field of choice (or any other equivalent qualification)
- Currently in their final year of studies
- Can follow the safety regulations applied in the company
- Has their own mode of transportation
- Willing to be placed in different Distell operation sites
- Prepared to work irregular or extended hours
- Has a basic understanding of computer literacy (e.g. Microsoft Office tools)
- Advantageous: has their own Driver’s License.
2. Personal Attributes
- Solves problems in an effective manner
- Shows impressive communication abilities
- Willing to work under pressure
- Keen eye for small details
- Displays quality interpersonal abilities
- Manages their time efficiently
- Organizes an array of tasks neatly
- Can work independently and with other team members as well.
How to Apply Distell Internship 2021-2022
Applications for the Distell Internship are conducted online. To begin your registration, please visit the Official Distell Careers Portal. Candidates must first take a look at whether the internship is accepting applications at the moment or not. This is because the availability status of each programme can differ from one time period to another.
After confirming the Distell Internship’s availability status, you may proceed to prepare the following items below:
- A brief letter of motivation/cover letter
- Your most updated CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- Valid, certified copy of your academic transcript
- Valid, certified copy of your Grade 12 qualification
- An official letter issued by your tertiary institution
- An evaluation format that is required by your tertiary institution
- Valid copies of your Identity Document.
Candidates are required to provide all of the aforementioned documents. Application dossiers that have missing documents will not be entertained by the selection committee.
Announcements will only be made to candidates who have been shortlisted for the Distell Internship. Should you not hear back from the selection committee within 1 months past the deadline, we regret to inform you that you have not been accepted by the programme.
If the Distell Internship is unavailable at the moment, no need to be discouraged. Come back to the website any time in the future to check for opening updates. Visit regularly so that you don’t miss out on new notifications.
Distell reserves all rights to make an appointment or not during the recruitment process. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
Distell Contact Details
P.O. Box 184
Phone: +27 21 809 7000
E-mail: [email protected]
Reference: Distell; Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Image: distell.co.za.