Santam is a leading insurance firm that specializes in short-term insurance services. Not only is Santam one of the many insurance firms out there in the nation – it is the largest in South Africa. The company has compiled a list of prestigious clients that have trusted the company’s reliable services. This is all thanks to Santam’s work ethic that aims to please their clients, no matter what. Proper and ethical, Santam is a favorite amongst South African citizens.
About Santam Graduate Programmes 2021-2022
Santa is offering Joburg-based graduate programmes for a number of talented individuals in South Africa passionate about the short-term insurance industry. The Santam Graduate Programmes is an initiative that is conducted for a total period of 24 months (2 years). This programme is designed by the company to filter out incredibly exceptional graduates who have the chance to be a part of the company’s fast-faced team. Through this programme, selected graduates will receive the opportunity to receive working exposure under the guidance of professional insurance experts. This makes the move from university life to real-time working world a lot easier for graduates.
The Santam Graduate Programmes comes with its own custom Onboarding Programme. This particular programme will entail these following activities:
- Graduates will spend the first 100 days settling into the the Santam working environment
- Afterwards, graduates will receive the necessary learning resources that will guide you throughout the 24-month journey – these resources are also in line with the company’s five main competencies
- After a while, graduates will be subjected to further training that will help develop their own specialization
- Graduates continue to be supported by intensive 1-on-1 coaching sessions as well as learning projects
- Once your supervisors find you capable, you will gain the opportunity to learn more about the technical areas of the insurance industry (Electives).
The Santam Graduate Programmes provides participantswith multiple benefits to support them throughout their long journey. These benefits include:
- Extensive work orientation
- Attractive salary (as per market standards)
- Training in both insurance knowledge and professional growth
- Tailor-made courses in business management
- Financial support
- Study leaves
- Intensive coaching and mentor sessions.
Santam Graduate Programme Requirements
To apply for the Santam Graduate Programme, one must be able to fulfill its extensive eligibility criteria. These list of items will be used to determine all incoming candidates on a fair basis. Meeting the criteria will give you a bigger advantage in the eyes of the selection committee. Failure to do so may reduce your chances of success instead. Be sure to jot down everything below.
The Santam Graduate Programme Requirements are as follows:
1. Degree Qualifications
- Computer Science
- Civil Engineering
- Actuarial Science
- Information Technology
- Risk Management
- Data Science
2. Working Competencies
- Displays high level of creativity
- Solves problems in an effective manner
- Has a sense of resilience
- Can be firm with their decisions
- Up-to-date with latest technology.
3. Personal Values
- Showcases impressive communication abilities
- Self-aware of their own surroundings
- Plans their workload in an organized manner
- Optimizes work procedures to the best of their abilities
- Puts on a result-oriented mindset
- Has a customer-centric attitude
- Resilient in their work ethic
- Contributes innovatively.
How to Apply Santam Graduate Programme 2021-2022
Future candidates of the Santam Graduate Programme must first visit the Official Santam Careers Portal. Here, you can check to see whether the programme is accepting applications at the moment or not. This is because the availability status of each programme differs from time to time.
If it’s open for applications, please prepare these following documentation below:
- Your most recent Curriculum Vitae
- A brief cover letter
- A valid copy of your educational qualification
- Your most recent statement of results.
Once everything is included in your dossier, send them in to this e-mail address: [email protected]
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates only. The shortlisting process will only begin once the committee stops accepting applications. The duration of the process itself depends on each candidate’s progress and how free the committee is.
Santam believes in promoting diversity in the working field. A company that employs people of different backgrounds and demographics allows the establishment to move forward with upmost creativity and solidarity. Therefore, the company will be offering preference for certain designated groups with the graduate programme.
Careers at Santam
Santam is all about creating new networks between the company and employees. The establishment continues to support your development and future career paths. Santam invites everyone to strengthen their potential through any one of their business institutions, which includes Sanlam Corporate, Sanlam Personal Finance, Santam, Miway, Sanlam Emerging Markets, and Sanlam Investments. Everyone who reaches out to Santam will greatly benefit from the company’s activities that helps to push the limits and accomplish their goals.
Santam Contact Details
Bellville Head Office
1 Sportica Crescent
Forensic Services, PO Box 3881, Tygervalley 7536
Phone: +27 86 044 4444
E-mail: [email protected]
Reference: Santam; Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Image: santam.co.za.