Sappi is a company that specializes in providing solutions to your businesses’ everyday paper needs. Based in Joburg, South Africa, the enterprise has expanded globally by branching out to three continents with clients based in more than 150 nations. Sappi is constantly on a mission to offer pulp and paper solutions using only biomaterials that do not create much harm towards the planet.
Taking sustainability into great importance, Sappi pays attention into their details to make sure that every part is sustainable. It’s no secret why this company has become a favorite amongst a number of industries, namely FMCG, fashion, and pharmaceutical sectors. With a total of 12 000 workers all over the world, Sappi is able to maintain a spot in the Top 40 rankings of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
About Sappi Graduate Programmes in South Africa 2021-2022
Sappi is opening their doors for recent accredited Degree or Diploma holders in South Africa to participate in the organization’s fantastic graduate programmes. The Sappi Graduate Programmes is a series of training sessions that are conducted in a working environment. The purpose behind this initiative is to provide graduates with the necessary working skills and exposure into the core functions of the business. The programmes will take place in a number of locations. Depending on your selected department, you will be relocated to any one of these areas: Pietermaritzburg, Johannesburg, Howick, Stanger, Nelspruit, Umkomas.
Over the course of 12 months, selected graduates will be asked to perform a set of responsibilities. These include, but are not limited to:
- Tending to administrative duties and Adhoc related tasks
- Conducting activities pertaining to contracts
- Overseeing any documentations that require correction
- Compiling all financial records (e.g. budgets, expenses, etc).
The Sappi Graduate Programmes in South Africa is available for these following qualifications:
- Environmental Science (B.Tech qualification in Environmental Sciences major in Geohydrology will be an added benefit)
- Risk Management (Relevant Risk & Insurance Management Degree qualification & Understanding of Accounting and Statistics)
- Data Science (Relevant Remote Sensing, Bioinformatics, Computer Science or related qualification)
- SHEQ (Relevant Degree in Environmental Management or Environmental Science Degree or BTech Environmental Sciences)
- Procurement (Relevant Degree in Supply Chain Management/Logistics/Procurement/Engineering/Commerce or – Accounting or equivalent qualification)
- Chemical Engieering (BSc/B Eng Chemical Engineering)
- Forest Research (Relevant Tree Breeding, Genetics or Botany Diploma/Degree or related qualification)
- Secretarial (National Diploma/NQF 6 in Business Administration or Secretarial Studies)
- Strategy (Relevant Finance or Economics Diploma/Degree or equivalent qualification)
- Environmental Science (BSc (specialist Environmental Science or Ecology)
- Legal (Paralegal/law related qualification)
- Internal Audit (Relevant Accounting/Internal Audit Diploma/Degree qualification)
- IT (Relevant MCSE/ IT qualification or equivalent qualification)
- Finance (Relevant Finance Diploma/Degree or equivalent qualification)
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc/B Eng Mechanical Engineering)
- Forest Nurseries (Relevant Horticulture/Agriculture or Forestry Diploma)
- Human Resources (Relevant Human Resources Diploma/Degree qualification)
- Logistics (Relevant Degree in Logistics or equivalent qualification)
- Electrical Engineering (BSc/B Eng Electical Engineering)
Sappi Graduate Programme in South Africa Requirements
To stand a chance in the Sappi Graduate Programme applications, candidates are highly advised to fulfill the eligibility criteria. All of these items stated below will be used by the selection committee to evaluate all candidates on a fair, equal basis. Meeting all of these criteria will help you guarantee a better chance of getting accepted into the programme. Pay attention to all of these following requirements.
The Sappi Graduate Programme in South Africa Requirements are:
1. Basic Requirements
- Owns a Matric or Grade 12 educational qualification
- Has a Degree or Diploma that is relevant to the field you are applying for (alternatively, you can use an equivalent qualification)
- Does not have any prior working experience
- Shows basic understanding in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Be able to participate in the programme as soon as possible
- Consideration will be provided for candidates who are unemployed or need work exposure.
2. Working Attributes
- Analyzes through situations
- Meets deadlines quickly
- Displays impressive communication abilities
- Plans and organizes through workload
- Works under pressure well
- Keen eye for details
- Can work independently and in a team
- Has profound knowledge in the field of research
- Aware of safety regulations and codes of conducts
- Solves problems in a structural manner
- Has a foundation in technical knowledge
- Driven to achieve ambitions
- Upholds a high sense of discipline
- Puts on a customer-centric attitude.
How to Apply Sappi Graduate Programme in South Africa 2021-2022
Applications for the Sappi Graduate Programme are conducted online. To get started, all interested candidates must access the Official Sappi Careers Portal. Here, you will need to check whether your desired graduate programme is accepting applications at the moment or not. This is because the availability status of each programme differs from one time period to another.
If the Sappi Graduate Programme is welcoming applications right now, feel free to directly register for it on the portal. However, if it’s closed at the time of search, no need to get discouraged. Come back to the same career portal any time in the future to keep an eye out on new updates. Be sure to visit the portal regularly so that you don’t miss out on any notifications.
Should you have any further enquiries or concerns, do not hesitate to reach out through the contact details that have been provided below.
Sappi Contact Details
Sappi Trading Africa (Pty) Ltd
108 Oxford Road
Mail Address: –
Phone: +27 11 407 8111
E-mail: [email protected]
Reference: Sappi; Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Image: sappi.com.