SANParks (South African National Parks) Profile
SANParks is a conservation organization that aims to preserve South Africa’s national parks through sustainable methods. Established under the Department of Environmental Affairs, the organization is responsibile for a total of 19 national parks – all of them encompassing more than 4 million hectares of land. In addition to parks, the organization also protects some of the country’s most iconic biomes, namely the Fynbos and Succulent Karoo.
Altogether, the organization conserve these parks as a means to promote nature-based tourism amongst both domestic and international tourists. SANParks has worked tirelessly to ensure that their parks hold a deep presence within both natural and cultural heritage. By keeping up with the latest socio-economic initiatives and striving for excellece, SANParks is on their way to bridge society with a sustainable national parks system.
About SANParks (South African National Parks) Graduate Programmes 2021-2022
The South African National Parks is providing multiple graduate programmes for promising South African individuals who have finished their tertiary education. The SANParks Graduate Programmes, which will take place in Pretoria, is designed for these graduated students as a means to better prepare them for the real-time working world. While their newly-gained qualification is a great benefit, the working exposure from this opportunity will bring great fortunes toward them as well.
Selected graduates are required to spend one (1) year to fully commit themselves to the programme. Throughout the entire duration, participants will be entitled to a monthly allowance of R5 000.00 to support their journey. The SANParks Graduate Programmes accommodates these following tertiary qualifications:
- Human Capital Management
- Information Technology/Information Systems
- Information Science in Multimedia
- Finance Management
- Quantity Surveyor
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Accounting Sciences
- Office Administration
- Assessments, Compliance, and Stakeholder Relations
- Internal Auditing
- Collections Management
- Information Technology with specialization in Network Security
- Records and Archive Management
- Public Relations
- Communications & Marketing
- Legal Services
- Supply Chain Management
- Public Relations/Journalism/Communications Sciences
- Conservation Services
- Office Management
- Engineering Sciences
SANParks (South African National Parks) Graduate Programme Requirements
If you are passionate about the SANParks Graduate Programme, you will need to adhere to the eligibility criteria beforehand. Each of these items are used to fully assess all incoming candidates on an equal basis. To ensure success with your applications, it is recommended that you fulfill the qualifications below. Failure to do so might lessen your chances of acceptance.
The SANParks Graduate Programme Requirements are:
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Currently not employed by a company
- Has a Matric, Grade 12, or N3 educational qualification
- Completed their educational qualification in an accredited tertiary institution
- Has not been involved in an internship prior to this programme
- Owns a valid Driver’s License (optional, but advantageous).
How to Apply SANParks (South African National Parks) Graduate Programme 2021-2022
Got what it takes to register for the SANParks Graduate Programme? Now’s the time to apply! First off, all candidates must check the availability status of the programme through the Official SANParks Jobs Portal. Candidates must see if their desired graduate programme is accepting applications at the moment or not. This is because the availability of each opportunity differs from one time to another.
Once you have made sure that the programme is open for registration, please compile these listed documents below:
- Your most updated copy of your Curriculum Vitae
- Valid copies of your Matric or Grade 12 qualifications
- Available academic certifications or qualifications
- A valid copy of your Identity Document
- Valid copies of your Driver’s License
- A SARS registration documents
Your applications should contain the field of study that you have participated. as wells as in your Fax and E-mail Subject. Additionally, the qualification you currently own should be relevant to the field of study that you wish on applying for. Otherwise, your applications will not be acknowledged.
All submitted applications dossiers must be complete. Dossiers that are missing in any certain documentation or require information will get you automatically disqualified from the registration.
Once everything is all prepped up, it is time to send in your applications for the SANParks Graduate Programme. Please make sure that you send in the applications to this listed address:
Human Resources Division
SA National Parks
P.O. Box 787
Fax: +27 86 295 4078
Email: [email protected]
The selection committee will not accept any manual applications. Announcements be made directly to candidates who have been chosen for the programme. Should you not hear back from the committee within a total period of 21 days past the application deadline, we regret to inform you that you have not been accepted for the graduate programme.
- Shortlisted applicants are further subjected to a series of assessments and interviews
- All submitted foreign documents will be verified by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA)
- Candidates must partake in the any pre-screening evaluations
- Since an allowance is provided, selected graduates hold full responsibility of their own accommodation and transporation expenses
- SAQA holds all authority to hold any appointments or not
- SANParks adheres to the Equal Opportunity policies that have taken place in their working environment
- Should you have any further enquiries or concerns, do not hesitate to reach out to Nomawethu Dudumashe on +27 12 426 5041 for your answers.
SANParks (South African National Parks) Contact Details
South African National Parks, PO Box 787, Pretoria 0001, South Africa
643 Leyds Street, Muckleneuk, Pretoria
Phone: +27 (0)12 428 9111
Facsimile: +27 (0)12 426 5500
E-mail: [email protected]
Reference: SANParks (South African National Parks); Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Image: sanparks.org.