PMC (Palabora Mining Company) Profile
Palabora Mining Company (PMC) is a South African establishment that focuses on the production and manufacturing of refined copper. Ever since its formation in 1956, the company has spent countless of years delving into their individually owned copper mines exploring for new kinds of copper materials. This will all then be processed in their company’s plants for further utilization, or even export. As of now, Palabora has managed to rack up a record of producing approximately 60 000 tonnes of copper on an annual basis. This feat would not have been possible without the company’s dedicated staff of 2 200 employees.
Palabora is home to countless other minerals and materials besides copper. These include magnetite, zirconium chemicals, and nickel sulphate. Sometimes, the company would run into a few amounts of previous metals, such as silver, platinum, and gold. Thanks to their refineries, Palabora is able to conjure a massive profit from their operations.
To further develop themselves, the company has taken great initiatives to start up new underground mines and mineral deposits. For example, Palabora has managed to build a mine worth up to US$140 million that can produce approximately 30,000 tonnes of ore daily. Meanwhile, a vermiculite deposit has also been set up to meet the increasingly global demand for the material.
About PMC (Palabora Mining Company) Internships 2021-2022
Palabora Copper (Pty) Ltd is opening up internship positions for interested South African individuals who require necessary work exposure to upskill their potential. The PMC Internships is a one-stop opportunity for candidates who already have their own accredited educational qualifications. Since this programme is mainly conducted to provide assistance for unemployed individuals, preference will be offered to candidates who do not have any prior work experience related to company’s business. Selected interns must allocate 24 months into the programme, and sign a contract directly with Palabora Copper.
The PMC Internships are offered towards these following fields:
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Mine Surveying
- Industrial Engineering
- Occupational Health and Safety/Safety Management
- Analytical Chemistry
- Civil Engineering
- Quality Management/Total Quality Management
- Metallurgical Engineering (Extractive Only)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Public Relations
- Chemical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
PMC (Palabora Mining Company) Internship Requirements
To apply for the PMC Internships, future candidates must adhere to the eligibility criteria. The selection committee will be using all of these listed items to assess the candidates on a fair basis. Failure to meet everything that is asked of by the committee might get result in disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications. Therefore, make sure you jot down everything below.
The PMC Internship Requirements are as follows:
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Has finished either their Degree or B-Tech Degree
- Not employed by any company at the moment
- Between the ages of 18-35 years old
- Clear from any criminal track records.
How to Apply PMC (Palabora Mining Company) Internship 2021-2022
Meet all of the requirements? Time to register for the PMC Internships. First off, candidates must check the availability status of their desired programme on the Official Palabora Training Opportunities Portal. Type in “internship” onto the keyword bar so that you can attain the most relevant opportunities.
If the PMC Internship is accepting applications at the moment, candidates will need to send in multiple documents. These important documents include:
- A complete academic transcript
- A valid copy of your South African Identity Document
- Legitimate proof of your residence
- A brief resume (maximum 1 page)
- A complete application letter
- Your most recent Curriculum Vitae
- A valid copy of your Matric certificate.
After you have compiled the aforementioned documents, you can immediately send them in through the electronic application portal.
- Application letters must have the correct reference numbers indicated
- The selection committee has zero tolerance for applications sent past the closing date
- Preference will be offered towards people undergoing through disabilities and women
- Announcements will only be made to candidates who have made the cut. Should you not receive any notifications from the committee by then, we regret to inform you that your applications has been denied.
PMC (Palabora Mining Company) Contact Details
1 Copper Road, Phalaborwa, 1389, South Africa
Palabora Copper (Pty) Limited
P.O. Box 65
1 Copper Road
Phone: +27 15 780 2911
Facsimile: +27 15 780 2093
E-mail: [email protected].za
Reference: PMC (Palabora Mining Company); Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Image: palabora.com.