The Manufacturing, Engineering, and Related Services Sector Education and Training Authority (merSETA) is an establishment that strives to provide the programmes to upskill the potential of South African citizens. Formed under the Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETA), merSETA has played a crucial role in contributing to the country’s Skills Development Act of 1998. From the name itself, merSETA specifically focuses on training young individuals in the fields of Metal and Engineering, Motor Retail, Plastics Industries, Tyre Manufacturing, Component Manufacturing, and Auto Manufacturing.
Altogether, merSETA does not just merely provide training sessions. The entire institution helps out with all stages of a participant’s development. Supported by the Department of Higher Education and Training, merSETA offers crucial facilities, recruits leading mentors, stays updated with the latest skills trends, and assesses the quality of all continuing projects and learning sessions. In order to improve the quality of skills development, merSETA also recognizes the importance of promoting team work and a sense of nurturing on all colleagues. This way, merSETA is not just a mere educational institution – it is the answer to South Africa’s bigger issues, such as unemployment, and economic growth.
About merSETA Internships 2021-2022
merSETA is welcoming participants to register for the company’s internship opportunities to attain working exposure under a real-time corporate environment. The merSETA Internships is a 12-month programme that aims to provide the necessary skills for South African youths to be better prepared for the future job market. Held in the company’s Head Office in Melville, Joburg, the programme expects all interns to learn a lot from the experience and bridge the gap between their knowledge and skills. Throughout the 12-month journey, interns will receive a monthly allowance of R5 000 to support themselves in their learning process.
The merSETA Internships are offered for these following fields and their respective required qualifications below:
- ICT: Certificate in N+ and A+; MS Office; Prince 2 or PMP certification/IT qualification
- Central Admin: Diploma/Degree in Business Administration or Office Administration
- Supply Chain: Diploma/Degree in, Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain Management
- ETQA: Diploma/Degree in Business Management
- Strategic and Compliance: Degree in Social Science
- Public Relations: Diploma/Degree in Communication Science or Public Relations
- Health and Safety: Diploma/Degree: Health & Safety Management
- Programme Implementation: Diploma/Degree in Business Administration or Office Administration
- Quality Management Systems: Diploma/Degree in Business Administration (with modules in Quality Management and Business Statistics)
- Chambers: TVET N6/NCV Level 4 Certificate/Diploma Business Administration; BTech Administration/Social Sciences
- Knowledge Management: Diploma/Degree in Information Science/Information Management
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Diploma/Degree in Business Administration (with modules on Quality Management; Operations Management or Business Statistics)
- Mail Room: National Certificate in Business Administration
- Special Project: National Certificate in Business Administration
- Office Administration: Diploma/Degree in Business Administration
- Research: Diploma/Degree in Social Sciences, (with modules on Research; Project Management; Basic Statistics)
- Marketing and Communications: Diploma/Degree in Communication or Marketing Management/Journalism/Public Relations. Certificate/Diploma/Degree Media Studies
- Company Secretary: Diploma/Degree in Business Administration/Office Administration or Chartered Institute Of Secretaries is an added advantage
- Curriculum and Learning: National Certificate in Human Resource Management (Training and Development)
- Finance Administrator: Diploma/Degree in Accounting
- Creditors: Diploma/Degree in Accounting with exposure to using Excel & Payroll
- Call Centre: Certificate/Diploma in Call Centre
- Artisan Innovation and Development: Diploma/Degree in Business Administration
- Graphic Design: Diploma/Degree in Web Development or Graphics Design
- Travel: Diploma/Degree: Tourism Management or Travel
- Quality Assurance: Diploma/Degree in Business Administration
- Human Resources: Diploma/Degree in Human Resources Management or Administration
- Central Admin: Diploma/Degree in Business Administration
- Management Information System: Diploma/Degree in Computer Science
- Accounts Payable Administrator: Diploma/Degree in Finance Management/Bookkeeping
- Grants and Levy: BCom Accounting
- Secretariat: Diploma/Degree in Business Management major
Depending on the field you are planning to pursue, the merSETA Internships are conducted in either one of these Regional and Satellite branches:
- King Williams Town
- Gauteng North (Rosslyn, Pretoria)
- Gauteng South (Melville)
- Port Elizabeth
- Cape Town
merSETA Internship Requirements
The merSETA Internship has a set of requirements that all candidates must abide to in order to be considered eligible for the programme. Each of these items below will determine whether a candidate is suitable enough for the line of work that entails the company. Failure to meet all of the criteria that is asked of will give you a disadvantageous edge during registration. Be sure to take not of everything listed below.
The merSETA Internship Requirements are as follows:
- Officially recognized as a legitimate citizen of South Africa
- Between 18-35 years old during the time of applications
- Has an education qualification of at least a NCV Level 4/N6/National Diploma
- Alternatively, candidates may also possess a B degree in any one of the aforementioned fields
- Currently not employed by any company or institution
- Does not have any prior working experience
- Candidates who display disabilities are more than encouraged to register for the internship.
How to Apply merSETA Internship 2021-2022
Applications for the merSETA Internships can be done all from your laptop. First off, interested candidates are required prepare an extensive application dossier. The dossier should include these following items below:
- Your most updated Curriculum Vitae
- Valid copies of your available qualifications (e.g. Matric certificate)
- Academic transcripts
- Identity Document.
Candidates must submit in all documents in order to sign up. Incomplete application dossiers will automatically get candidates disqualified from the registration process.
Once everything is in tact, please send the application dossier to this e-mail address: [email protected] The e-mail should indicate the Reference Number on the Subject Line, and quote the relevant field that you are registering for. Not putting in the Reference Number will cause the committee to miss out on your applications, and you will not be regarded during registration.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. Please be kindly advised that merSETA holds all rights to provide any programmes or to withdraw them accordingly.
merSETA Contact Details
GAUTENG SOUTH (HEAD OFFICE)
merSETA House, 95 7th Avenue, Cnr Rustenburg Road, Melville, Johannesburg, 2109
Mail Address: –
Phone: +27 86 163 7738
Facsimile: +27 86 673 0017
E-mail: [email protected]
Reference: merSETA; Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Image: merseta.org.za.