Philips is a global company that is committed to providing innovative health technology solutions to improve society’s quality of health. Despite originating from the Netherlands, Philips has racked up years of experience operating on African grounds. Employees of the company specialize in Healthcare, Lighting, and Consumer Lifestyle. Everyone comes together to bring in items that are can transform the public’s life to a more positive light. Practitioners working together with clinical care teams to better understand patients. By manufacturing more healthcare solutions at a cost-friendly rate, local healthcare departments are able to greatly benefit from the company’s line of work.
About Philips Graduate Programmes 2021-2022
Philips is providing multiple graduate programmes for South African individuals who wish to receive working exposure under a real-time corporate setting. Conducted in Joburg, the Philips Graduate Programmes has been taking place since the last five years. Over the course of this 12-month programme, selected participants not only receive the chance to acquire new knowledge and skills. You will also have the opportunity to directly be a part of an actual working environment.
During the programme, learners will be subjected to a combination of theoretical knowledge and practical working skills. Under the mentorship of professional training providers, learners are encouraged to focus on their self-development in a dynamic environment. Besides growing yourself as a future worker, this is one of the few rare opportunities that allows you to contribute to your local South African society. Learners will provide assistance and vital healthcare towards members of rural communities.
The Philips Graduate Programmes is available for the following qualifications:
- Finance (Bachelor in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Accounting orientated study)
- Nursing (University degree in Nursing or equivalent in allied health discipline)
- Collections (Bachelor in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Accounting orientated study)
- Business Analyst (Degree in Finance – Majoring in Economics)
- IT (Equivalent experience to Associates’ Degree in Business, IT, Engineering)
- Key Account (University Degree in Radiography or Sonography)
- Procurement (Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Supply Chain)
- Health Systems (University degree in BCom Accounting majoring Cost Accounting and Management Accounting)
- Engineering (Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering: Light Current/Computer Systems completed/Biomedical Engineering)
- Public Health Economics (Bachelor’s Degree Engineering/Actuarial Science/BSc)
- Supply Chain Management (Bachelor in Supply Chain orientated study)
- Marketing (Applicants should have a degree in marketing)
Philips Graduate Programme Requirements
The Philiips Graduate Programme is accepting candidates who meet the company’s standards. Besides specializing in one of the aforementioned study courses, candidates must fulfill several important requirements as well. Each of these items below will put you in a more advantageous position during registration. Failure to meet everything will get you disqualified from registrations.
The Philips Graduate Programme Requirements are:
- Officially recognized as a South African Graduate
- Has finished all of their obligatory study modules in their respective qualification
- Achieves an average aggregate score of at least 60%
- Displays prominent communication capabilities
- Shows high level of creativity
- Analyzes through issues effectively
- Can work independently and in a team
- Has a powerful business acumen
- Provides effective solutions
- Takes pride in innovation
- Provides satisfactory business results.
How to Apply Philips Graduate Programme 2021-2022
Interested applicants of the Philips Graduate Programmes will need to access the Official Phillips Careers Portal. Anyone who wish to apply for the programme are required to check whether the programme is welcoming applications at the moment or not. This is due to the fact that the availability status of each programme differs from one time period to another.
If the programme is accepting applications, you can directly register on the portal. However, if it’s closed momentarily, it’s okay. Come back to the same Careers Portal in the future to check for new opening updates. Be sure to visit regularly so that you don’t miss out on any announcements.
Besides your application forms, you will also need to provide these supporting documents:
- A valid copy of your South African Identity Document
- A brief letter of motivation
- Your most recent Curriculum Vitae
- Valid copies of your available qualifications
- Legitimate academic transcripts.
Every one of these documents must be included in your application dossier. Incomplete applications will not be accepted by the selection committee.
Due to the overwhelming popularity of the Philips Graduate Programme, announcements will only be made to applicants who have passed registrations. Should you not hear back from the committee, we regret to inform you that your applications have not been successful.
In an effort to promote diversity within the work place, the Philips Graduate Programme is welcoming people with disabilities to register for the programme. However, candidates under this category will need to provide an Official Medical Certificate issued by a legitimate Medical Practitioner.
Philips Contact Details
Woodmead North Office Park, Philips Building,
54 Maxwell Drive, Woodmead,
Johannesburg South Africa
P.O. Box 58088
Phone: +27 11 471 5000
Reference: Philips; Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Image: philips.co.za.