De Beers Profile
The De Beers company, founded in 1866 and established in 1888, is a company that specializes in the one of the world’s biggest luxuries – diamonds. Through several activities, such as mining, exploration, sorting, trading, and retail, the company doesn’t not just seek out for diamonds, but they also treat it with upmost care within the entire process.
The company has expanded its wings by holding their operations in a total of 25 countries, from South Africa, to as far as Canada. Providing 35% oft her world’s rough diamonds, De Beers is becoming is slowly making its way to the top in the global diamonds market.
About De Beers Internships 2020
The De Beers Internships is a programme that is offered exclusively to individuals originating from Ngwathe and Moqhaka Municipalities. There will be a total of 19 available internship positions and it is also mainly given to candidates who require experiential learning in order to pass their qualifications.
All selected candidates will be given a 12-month contract to undergo the programme. In addition, interns will be based in the Kroonstad operations of the De Beers Voorspoed Mine. However, once the contract is over, there is no guarantee of permanent employee by the De Beers company.
The De Beers Internships is catered to individuals who are pursuing their studies in any of these fields:
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Occupational Hygiene
- Supply Chain
- Mine Survey.
You can check out the official De Beers website for more information about the company.
De Beers Internship Requirements
The De Beers Internship programme is looking out for candidates who meet these following requirements below. The qualifications are the standards that the company holds by, so to all future candidates out there, please make sure that you meet all of these criteria should you wish to apply for the internship.
The De Beers Internship Programme requirements include:
- Proven fluency in both spoken and written English
- Knows how to operate a computer well
- Strives in bringing out the best in the company
- Has a high sense of problem comprehension
- Able to work overtime
- Is available to travel anywhere
- Is both an individual worker and a team player
- Is physically and medically fit
- Clear of any criminal track records
- Passed the company’s psychometric and technical assessments
- Prior working experience is not necessary
- Priority will be given to candidates who need experiential training to pass their qualifications.
How to Apply
Once you have checked whether you are qualified enough for a De Beers Internship programme, you can immediately register for the internship. First of all, visit the De Beers Career Page to check for the availability of the internship. Search for the internship of your choice – if you’ve found the one, click on the internship and you can follow the application instructions from there on.
Please be noted that the De Beers Internship application procedure may require you to upload several important documents to support your application form. These documents include:
- A valid copy of your identification
- Proof of your residency
- Valid academic transcripts from your tertiary institution
- A valid letter from a tertiary institution that explains the candidate needs experiential learning
- Your most updated Curriculum Vitae that is in line with the company’s minimum qualifications.
After submitting your applications, please wait until announcements will be made. However, only short-listed candidates will be notified. If you have not heard back from the company after a long period of time, unfortunately, your applications has not been successful.
De Beers Consolidated Mines
Cnr. Crownwood Road and Diamond Drive
Private Bag X01, Southdale 2193
Telephone: (011) 374 7000
Reference: De Beers; Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Image: xxxxx.