SITA (State Information Technology Agency) Profile
The State Information Technology Agency, or commonly referred to as SITA, is a nationally-recognized IT services provider that offers high-tech integrated solutions. With the government as their major shareholder, SITA strives to improve the operational performances of their country’s institution. SITA also aims to transform the government into an organization that is more customer-oriented where everyone is aligned to fulfilling South Africa’s development programme. All in all, SITA is a backbone that their government could depend on for support.
About SITA (State Information Technology Agency) Internships 2021-2022
The State Information Technology Agency (SITA) is offering internship positions for dedicated individuals who would like to receive real-time working exposure. The SITA Internships, conducted in Pretoria, is designed to create a clear career path by providing the necessary experience in a company. Over the course of 12 months, you will be guided by expert mentors who will enrich your industry knowledge. Interns are eligible to a monthly allowance of R5 500 to support their learning journey.
The SITA Internships is available for these following fields:
- Lan Technicians
- Food Services
- Information Technology
- Supply Chain Administrators
- Network Technicians
- Secure Operations Networks
- Project Software
- Service Management
- Software Developers
- Cloud Program
- Applications Maintenance
- Database administrators
- Human Resources
- Project Management
- Desktop Technicians
- Catering Services
Upon successful completion of the SITA Internships, you may stand a chance to get permanent positions directly with SITA. Provided that you show impressive progress and strong self-development.
SITA (State Information Technology Agency) Internship Requirements
The SITA Internships is only available for a number of candidates. Due to the overwhelming popularity that it has been receiving, candidates will need to fulfill the programme’s eligibility criteria. Each of these items below will determine your level of acceptance into the internship. Failure to fulfill everything will cause disadvantageous consequences towards the overall result of your applications.
The SITA Internships Requirements are as follows:
- Officially recognized as a citizen of South Africa
- Not employed by a company at the moment
- Between 18-35 years old
- Already has a Matric or Grade 12 qualification in the aforementioned fields
- Does not have any prior working experience
- Has a strong understanding in computer literacy
- Has not taken part in any previous internship programmes
- People who have disabilities are more than welcome to register for the programme.
How to Apply SITA (State Information Technology Agency) Internship 2021-2022
Interested candidates of the SITA Internship must first access the Official SITA Vacancies Portal. Here, you can take a look at the availability status of your desired internship. If it’s open for applications at the moment, please submit in your most recent Curriculum Vitae, valid copies of any available qualifications (Matric certificate), and a valid copy of your South African Identity Document.
All submissions must be done through one of these methods below:
1. Postal Carriage:
Youth Development Programme
P.O Box 26100
2. E-mail Address:
3. Hand Delivery:
459 Tsitsa Street
Be sure to indicate the province you are registering for as well as your interested field. This will help the selection committee locate your applications. Additionally, please make sure that there are no missing documents in your submissions. Incomplete applications will automatically get you disqualified from the programme.
Announcements will only be made to candidates who have been shortlisted during registration. Should you not hear back from the committee within a total period of 2 months past the deadline, we regret to inform you that you have not passed the applications.
- Candidates must not send in Curriculum Vitaes that are issued by Recruitment Agents
- Candidates who are sending in international qualifications must be assessed by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) beforehand
- SITA holds all rights to not provide any appointments
- Candidates are subject to further clearances and document verifications before being allowed to sign their agreement contracts
- SITA adheres to their Employment Equity policies, where preference will be main offered to designated communities living in Gauteng
- Should you have any further enquiries or concerns, please reach out to any one of these contact persons below:
- Koos Kuhn: +27 12 482 2407
- Kearabetswe Mokoka: +27 12 482 3285
SITA (State Information Technology Agency) Contact Details
SITA Head Office
459 Tsitsa Street
P.O. Box 26100
Phone: +27 80 074 8222
Facsimile: +27 12 367 5151
E-mail: [email protected]
Reference: SITA (State Information Technology Agency); Author: Larxsati; Editor: Melisa; Image: sita.co.za.